Web and communications consultant
- Consultancy for web sites, projects, departments
- Can be involved in, and bring value at, any stage of a web project
- Experience of communications and engagement online
- Long history with community-based projects, membership and NGO groups
- Experienced in management of multi-disciplinary teams, varying budgets and technologies, producing requirements, handling agencies
- Familiar with project managing web life cycle from strategy, to requirements, into production, and then round in no particular order: user experience design, usability, programming, editorial, interface design, measurement, bug fixing, maintenance, version 2 etc.
Ed is a joy to work with, blending energy and enthusiasm with the ability to be challenging. He maintains project focus but with a readiness to listen, adapt and adjust to meet emerging organisational priorities. CILIP has undergone internal review during the lifetime of this project and this has been accommodated, and incorporated into plans. Ed’s adaptability and willingness to let go are valuable skills, which have helped guide the Communities Team during the project.
(Lyndsay Rees-Jones, CILIP, 2007)
- Workshop design and facilitation
- Event design and facilitation
- Meetings facilitation
- Facilitator mentoring
- Community engagement online and offline
- Long term group design and development
“Ed was the community editor (i.e. the boss of a lot of volunteers and the man in charge of the keys of the machine) during the best times of the KnowledgeBoard. He succeeded in pushing through an agenda of activities and in herding a lot of proud troublesome cats to write, moderate, and generally produce an award-winning knowledge-sharing community. He supported, prodded and encouraged us all (editors and members), got the most out of a difficult corporate and infrastructure situation, and was key to getting us all to give our best. Hats off for an impressive work and a person that can do it.”
(Miguel Cornejo Castro, Macuarium, 2007)
Web technology ‘do-er’
- Google Apps intranet set up and migrations
- WordPress experience, advice and support
- Drupal experience, advice and support
- Use freely available ‘cloud’ services to organise, co-ordinate and deliver projects
Spend 15 minutes in a juice bar with Ed on a wet Thursday afternoon and you’ll walk away with a barrowload of strategies, concept improvements, assumption challenges and health warnings. Ed’s no consultant. They’re the people who borrow your watch to tell you what time it is, then walk off with your watch. Ed’s a thinking partner with a big brain, overflowing with experience, an even bigger heart.
(Jack Martin Leith, Deliverance Work Conferences, 2007)