Websites and Communications
- WordPress website design, building, editing, administration, advice and support
- Writing for the web including websites and newsletters
- Google Apps intranet set up and migrations
- Drupal editing, administration, advice and support
- Use freely available ‘cloud’ services to organise, co-ordinate and deliver projects
We have enjoyed working with Ed on the development, hosting and maintenance of Transition Network internet services for 5 years. He is competent, insightful and understanding and we will miss working with him.
- Web, Communications, Digital Security, Community Engagement, Network Design
- Standalone and multi-stakeholder projects, departments, organisations, community groups
- Long history with community-based projects, membership and NGO groups
- Experienced in management of multi-disciplinary teams, varying budgets and technologies, producing requirements, handling agencies
- Familiar with project managing web life cycle from strategy, to requirements, into production, and then round in no particular order: user experience design, usability, programming, editorial, interface design, measurement, bug fixing, maintenance, version 2 etc.
We found Ed to be an invaluable asset to the team bringing technical expertise and experience and excellent skills in working with people and groups to clarify vision and purpose; create joint action plans; and resolve conflicts. He understands that all successful IT initiatives both support and depend on good working relationships and a supportive organisational structure.
In addition, Ed is well respected and connected in the sector and brings a wealth of personal qualities including enthusiasm; dynamism; humour and reliability. He is an excellent team player and I have no hesitation in recommending him for future work in this area.
(Julie Richardson, Senior Lecturer and Head of Schumacher Worldwide, Schumacher College, 2015)
- Workshops, events, meetings: design and facilitation: big and small
- Facilitator mentoring
- Individual coaching and production
- Community engagement online and offline
- Long term group design and development
Ed was the community editor (i.e. the boss of a lot of volunteers and the man in charge of the keys of the machine) during the best times of the KnowledgeBoard. He succeeded in pushing through an agenda of activities and in herding a lot of proud troublesome cats to write, moderate, and generally produce an award-winning knowledge-sharing community.
He supported, prodded and encouraged us all (editors and members), got the most out of a difficult corporate and infrastructure situation, and was key to getting us all to give our best. Hats off for an impressive work and a person that can do it.
(Miguel Cornejo Castro, Macuarium, 2007)